"We believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth.And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit; Born of the Virgin Mary; Suffered under Pontius Pilate; Was crucified, dead and buried; He descended into Hell; The third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven; And sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; From thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.We believe in the Holy Spirit; The Holy Christian Church, the Communion of Saints; The Forgiveness of sins; The Resurrection of the body; And the life everlasting. Amen."
The vision of International Christian Community is 3-fold:
We exist to help you get in touch with God, others and your divine destiny.
This is in accordance with Jesus’ command to love God with all our hearts, mind, soul, strength and others as ourselves.
• We aspire to do this in the most simplistic and realistic way possible according to the Scriptures.
• We believe in being spiritually natural and naturally spiritual, following Biblical principles.
In order to carry out the above vision, the following are objectives aimed at that target.
1. We want to pattern after the early church as shown in the book of Acts (Acts 2:42-47; Acts 4:32-37), growing in bible knowledge, ministry involvement and character development producing wholistic personal growth.
2. We desire each believer to be grounded in the Scriptures. We encourage every disciple to participate in a Bible based curriculum, such as the “School of Practical Christianity”.
3. We desire each believer to use their God given motivational, spiritual and ministerial gifts to serve God in the church and in their community fulfilling their divine destiny.
4. We desire to see each believer engaged in a home group where there is love, instruction, fellowship and evangelism.
5. We desire to network or partner with like-minded congregations nationally and internationally.
ICC was founded by Ravi Chandran and his wife Lillian Leow in July 2002. They felt the inclination to start an interdenominational English language church in Copenhagen to reach out to a broader spectrum of the community. From humble beginnings, today the congregation has local and international members from all walks of life.
We are still in contact with those who had temporary postings in Denmark and moved on.
Therefore, ICC is also serving a wide network of contacts among Christians and churches around the world.Nationally, ICC works in co-operation with the national church governing bodies. ICC is a registered entity under Danish church ministry with tax deductible rights and legal permission to conduct weddings. Internationally, we are involved in missions with partners whom we have strong relational ties with.
The vision of the church is to help people get in touch with God others and their divine destiny. This is in accordance to our Lord’s command to love God with all our hearts, mind, soul and strength and to love our neighbours as ourselves. The church aspires to do this in the most practical and down to earth manner.
We strive to be spiritually natural and naturally spiritual in the process.The church is governed by a board and financial council. Ministries and home groups are co-ordinated by volunteers.
Everyone in the congregation are encouraged to be involved in their individual capacities. Ravi and Lillian are originally from Singapore. They came from Hindu and Buddhist backgrounds respectively and became the first in their families convert to Christianity during a period of revival in Asia in the seventies and eighties.
They became missionaries and travelled widely to over 60 countries in Asia, Africa and Europe. They met in Uganda and subsequently married in 1989. Today, they reside in Denmark with their two sons Prince and Josiah.
Ravi has two Ph.D degrees, one in Theology and another in Counselling. Lillian is a Masters Candidate in Biblical Education.
Ravi Chandran and his family